Saturday, October 19, 2013

Our lives are not like most

So I've finally, after six weeks of nothing, dragged my ass into writing position, and am actually WRITING. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't partake in some procrastination in between bursts of genius. Hence this blog post and also starting to write my acknowledgements (yeah, I know...). I'm also trying to get myself out of a dicey spot I put myself in by engaging in conversation with a nutter. All in a day's work.

But I have a plan, a real plan, for how I'm going to finish this fucker by my deadline. And today is the first day. Ok, so admittedly, the plan kind of fell apart this morning when I woke up 10:30 instead of 7:30. But a little adversity is good for the soul.

I'm aware that for me to do this I'm going to have to be very disciplined and forsake all others. There can be no exceptions (not even for cocktails). It's going to take every ounce of stubborn in my body (which, thankfully, is a lot). It means giving up my social life. It means being exhausted from work and still getting up and do this. And when it's done, it means starting the next project and do it all over again.

Because it is who I am. And as my dear friend Alex reminded me of the other day, our lives are not like most. And to be honest, I wouldn't want any other life than this.




No comments:

Post a Comment