Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Screw Chapter 10

Day 4 of battling with Chapter 10. 

It should be so easy. I know why I'm writing it, what the purpose is for the overall story, where it needs to go. I even know how it ends. But I'm having to work so hard for every sentence, every paragraph, every cleverism. 

I'm on take 2 of the chapter. Or not really - I scrapped the start of the first version because it was not necessary for the story. I just wanted to write it because it amused me. But then it didn't amuse me. 

In all fairness, I have almost hit my minimum daily word count and I have another 1 1/2 hours before I have to pack up and go meet a friend so it's likely I get there. And if I didn't blog instead I could go over it... Because I also wanted to make up for Monday and Tuesday's lack of hitting the target and the need to rewrite. Though of course some was salvageable,  

This is one of the chapters written from my female protagonists point of view, and I just can't get her to act and say what I want. My other two protagonists, both male, just fly through my fingers. I never have to stop and think. And the source of energy in the novel, I don't have a problem writing her either. Ever. I'm wondering if it's because this protagonist started off being so much like me, and even though I've complete changed her since, I still find it hard to make her the arrogant hussy she's supposed to be. She's very complex so in theory I really should enjoy pinning her down. 

Why do I find it so much easier to write from a male POV? 

Or maybe I've been finding it difficult to write because I'm tired and iffy from overindulging fine rum and waking up at 6am almost every morning after like 5 hours sleep not being able to go back to sleep. Which makes me too tired to be witty. I don't know.
  
All I know is I fucking hate Chapter 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment